Managing a team comes with a variety of challenges in all industries and work. When it comes to safety, that’s one area you as a manager want to ensure your employees are confident in how you handle issues. How are you responding to issues of importance? How do you prioritize when problems arise? If you’re in need of a safety refresh but don’t know where to start, YellowBird has Professionals On Demand ready to help tackle your biggest challenges.
Check Out Our Top 10 EHS Needs in Construction:
- Compliance Assessment: Do you have an OSHA audit coming up and not sure what is in compliance right now on your job sites? If you want to pass your audit with flying colors, you could have a YellowBird Professional complete a mock audit so you can make all necessary updates to sail through your official OSHA audit.
- New Policies and Procedures: When was the last time your company updated your policies and procedures? If it’s been more than 5 years, your policies are in need of a refresh, a YellowBird Professional can give them a makeover and ensure all current local, state and federal ordinances are included.
- Training & Development: Between certifications, onboarding new hires, and refreshment training for your long time employees, training is a great way to invest in your employees’ development and career goals. Developing these programs can take time away from other projects so why not consider a consultant to add a fresh perspective.
- Certification for Contractor Safety Programs: Have you considered joining a network like ISNetworld or Avetta to verify contractors but not quite sure how to get through the paperwork to get on their platform? A trusted advisor who has been there and done that can help you organize all of the documents and paperwork needed to successfully use these platforms.
- COVID-19 Return to Work Protocol: At this point in the pandemic, we’re all familiar with social distancing and masks. But what else can you do on the worksite to help your employees return confidently? YellowBird’s Return to Work Protocol will take air quality samples, air flow testing, surface samples, and a full check of your HVAC system to put together a Move Forward Plan tailored to your workplace with administrative and engineering controls. If you’re interested in learning more about our protocol, click here.
- Site Safety Manager: This Professional can do it all! From supervising safety auditors, collecting and analyzing data for leading/lagging indicators, creating, editing, and reviewing customer paperwork (such as JHA, AHA, Work Permits, How Work Permits, etc.) to conducting field audits, observations and interacting with crews, this Pro is ready to immerse themselves with your team. They can analyze work processes for safety improvement opportunities along with speaking to all levels of an organization including customer safety and operations departments in scheduled and ad hoc communications.
- Industrial Hygiene: The science of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling workplace conditions that may cause workers’ injury or illness is extremely important for worker health. Industrial Hygienists can help with Risk Assessment, noise monitoring, asbestos testing, lead testing, PPE, Ergonomics and more!
- Daily Audits and Walkarounds: Since most construction sites are changing daily, every day there are potentially new hazards popping up. These daily audits can help call out the new hazards and suggest ways to remove them or work around them in an effort to keep the worksite as safe as possible.
- Confined Space Program Development and Implementation: Many workplaces contain areas that are considered confined spaces because while they are not necessarily designed for people, they are large enough for workers to enter and perform certain jobs. A confined space also has limited or restricted entry or exit points. By creating a Confined Space Program, you can provide your employees help in recognizing and evaluating hazards and possible solutions related to confined spaces.They will leave with the knowledge on how to identify and control the hazards that cause the most serious confined space-related injuries.
- Fall Protection: Falls are one of the leading causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths in construction. A Fall Protection Program can educate workers on general industry requirements for protection for employees from slips, trips and falls that may cause serious or fatal injuries.
If one or more of these items caught your eye and you want to learn more, reach out to us at www.goyellowbird.com, we’d love to help make your worksite the safest it’s ever been!